Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my apple id from one gmail account to my new email with gmail?

Can I change my apple id from one gmail account to my new email with gmail? Please, tell me how I can do it. I have tried and it will not let me.

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:58 AM

See Change your Apple ID  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667 See this section If your Apple ID is a third-party email address :

"When you change your Apple ID that is a third-party email address, you can use another third-party email address. Or you can use an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address that's already a login alias or alternate Apple ID for your account. To see these addresses, sign into your Apple ID account page. Click Edit under the Account section to reveal Reachable At. In this list, a login alias will have a  next to it which, when hovered over with a mouse pointer, shows this message: "This is an alias of your Apple ID email address."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Beachy_3

See Change your Apple ID  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667 See this section If your Apple ID is a third-party email address :

"When you change your Apple ID that is a third-party email address, you can use another third-party email address. Or you can use an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address that's already a login alias or alternate Apple ID for your account. To see these addresses, sign into your Apple ID account page. Click Edit under the Account section to reveal Reachable At. In this list, a login alias will have a  next to it which, when hovered over with a mouse pointer, shows this message: "This is an alias of your Apple ID email address."

Apr 30, 2020 9:35 AM in response to Beachy_3

What happens when you try? Error message(s)?

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID.

Can I change my apple id from one gmail account to my new email with gmail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.