Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I import mp3 files?

When I try to import a group of mp3 files nothing appears to happen. No error messages, but I can't find the files in the RECENTLY ADDED folder.

I have wondered if they don't appear to import because maybe I already imported them years ago and they are lost somewhere amongst the other files (I am searching for them in RECENTLY ADDED).

Or perhaps there is a problem with the files, but why don't I get an error message?

I can't search for the files in the search bar because they are not music files, they all import as UNKNOWN ARTIST and the tracks are called TRACK 1, TRACK 2, etc. I have thousands of tracks just called this in my iTunes.

I've attached a screenshot of the file information just in case someone can identify a problem with the files themselves.

Thanks

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 9:21 AM

Liberty,

While iTunes is running, drag the MP3 into your Automatically Add to Music folder. If the file is compatible it will be added to your library. If it is not compatible (e.g. corrupted or not a valid MP3 or whatever) it will be placed in a Not Added folder.

Similar questions

3 replies

Why can't I import mp3 files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.