Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen flickers or glitches occasionally when watching Netflix or Hulu

My screen like flickers or glitches occasionally when watching Netflix or Hulu. Not so much YouTube or any other videos. I don’t know why, but this happened before and I had to get my screen and LSD replaced after it stopped working. So, is there anything I can do to fix this issue without spending repair costs?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 10:04 AM

milishka177 Said:

"Glitch: My screen like flickers or glitches occasionally when watching Netflix or Hulu. Not so much YouTube or any other videos. I don’t know why, but this happened before and I had to get my screen and LSD replaced after it stopped working. So, is there anything I can do to fix this issue without spending repair costs?"

-------

Five Thoughts:

Seems something is misconfigured here. So, try the following.

I. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for USB ports) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

II. Clear your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

• Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data.
  • Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

III. Use MalwareBytes for Mac:

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software 

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

IV. Any Security Software Installed?:

Security Software's firewall settings would want to make sure that you are getting secure accessibility to your Mac. So, connecting items would not be a possibility, if firewall settings are part of it and enabled. So, uninstall it, using the uninstaller from the developer’s site. Just dragging a dropping its icon into the Trash will undesirably leave caches and other files sitting around on your Mac. So, use the uninstaller, contacting the developer of the software.

V. Create a New Administrator User:

Are you logged in as an Administrator? Create a new Administrator user, and see if this still occurs while you are logged into a different Administrator user. If not, then it is something configured in your current user. So, from there, delete the current user and then just use this new administrator account. You would move all of your files over to it. See if that fixes it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 10:04 AM in response to milishka177

milishka177 Said:

"Glitch: My screen like flickers or glitches occasionally when watching Netflix or Hulu. Not so much YouTube or any other videos. I don’t know why, but this happened before and I had to get my screen and LSD replaced after it stopped working. So, is there anything I can do to fix this issue without spending repair costs?"

-------

Five Thoughts:

Seems something is misconfigured here. So, try the following.

I. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for USB ports) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

II. Clear your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

• Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data.
  • Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

III. Use MalwareBytes for Mac:

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software 

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

IV. Any Security Software Installed?:

Security Software's firewall settings would want to make sure that you are getting secure accessibility to your Mac. So, connecting items would not be a possibility, if firewall settings are part of it and enabled. So, uninstall it, using the uninstaller from the developer’s site. Just dragging a dropping its icon into the Trash will undesirably leave caches and other files sitting around on your Mac. So, use the uninstaller, contacting the developer of the software.

V. Create a New Administrator User:

Are you logged in as an Administrator? Create a new Administrator user, and see if this still occurs while you are logged into a different Administrator user. If not, then it is something configured in your current user. So, from there, delete the current user and then just use this new administrator account. You would move all of your files over to it. See if that fixes it.

My screen flickers or glitches occasionally when watching Netflix or Hulu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.