Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why 3 video files of 20 seconds each, 4 mb each, beacome a 1,2 GB video file in FC?

I am just trying to put these 3 videos together. They are 4 mb each. But, when I try to export the 1 minute file, FC exports it with 1,2GB file size. How can I change that? Thanks!

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 1:25 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Apr 30, 2020 1:42 PM in response to LLuz

You would need Compressor or maybe Handbrake to give you better control.

Camera recordings are first time encoding of an image from the sensor. You now have a compressed file. When you recompress it the quality will suffer when using the same data rate.

Haven’t done this in a while but I think you can still assemble videos in the QuickTime player.

Apr 30, 2020 1:49 PM in response to LLuz

4MB for a 20 second iPhone movie? How did you record this? In what frame size?

FWIW, I just recorded a 20 second iPhone movie, 1080p in HEVC (which provides more compression and thus smaller files than H264) and it took about 20MB.

Exporting that to H264 for "Apple Devices" at the same size made only a slightly larger file (about 26MB); so I'd expect that three of those might be about 80MB, more or less.

Why 3 video files of 20 seconds each, 4 mb each, beacome a 1,2 GB video file in FC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.