Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server "www.macys.com"

I'm running OS X El Capitan on Macbook Air and having trouble with one web site - macys.com. Safari is returning error - can't establish a secure connection to the server "www.macys.com". I can get to at least a dozen other sites from this laptop and have no errors reported on any other URLs. I can get to this macys.com site on two iPhones, an iPad and two Windows 10 PCs with no errors. All devices are running on my home wireless network.

Does anyone have ideas on what is wrong with the Mac on this one site - https://www.macys.com ?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 7:00 PM

Yes - this is on my wife's Macbook Air. Spent an hour chatting with Apple Support. He stuck with me but could not solve the problem other than suggesting an upgrade to Catalina, which would have broken my 32 bit Office 11 installation.

I downloaded Chrome and that solved the macys.com problem.

This old OS works just fine for my wife who has it set up just the way she likes it, so we're leaving it alone.

Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 7:00 PM in response to QuickPost

Yes - this is on my wife's Macbook Air. Spent an hour chatting with Apple Support. He stuck with me but could not solve the problem other than suggesting an upgrade to Catalina, which would have broken my 32 bit Office 11 installation.

I downloaded Chrome and that solved the macys.com problem.

This old OS works just fine for my wife who has it set up just the way she likes it, so we're leaving it alone.

Thanks!

Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server "www.macys.com"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.