Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra to Mojave Upgrade

I have a MacBook Pro 15" Mid-2010 running High Sierra 10.13.6 and have an app that requires an upgrade to at least Mojave. All the info I have read indicates that my MacBook Pro is not hardware compatible with Mojave. Is this correct? I am not in a position to purchase a new MacBook Pro at this time.

I will need the upgrade before the 2020 tax season so I can continue using TurboTax.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 9:46 PM

Your MacBook Pro is not compatible with Mojave: How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support.

What make you think you need to update to use TurboTax. High Sierra is listed as minimum requirement on Intuit web site: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/basic.jsp#requirements.

Am I missing something?

WD

3 replies

May 2, 2020 5:45 PM in response to lairdjw58

Information here and on the Intuit forums say that will likely be the case. Apple supports the last three macOS versions and Intuit appears to use that pattern, too. If macOS is upgraded to 10.16 this fall as is the current trend, then the supported versions are 10.16, 10.15, and 10,14.

The big uproar seems to be from our Windows-using friends. Looks like TurboTax is dropping support for Windows 7 as well.

They have an online version. I recommend you check with them and see if that will still work with High Sierra for 2020 taxes.

My wife does our taxes. Every new Mac she's had was due to Intuit dropping support for older OS version. This is not a new pattern by any means. We've been hit with this since about 2002.

High Sierra to Mojave Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.