Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music does NOT sync between devices

Hi guys! I recently decided to subscribe to Apple Music, and started a couple of playlists on my iPad. However I was quite disappointed to realize my playlists and libraries didn’t t sync to my iPhone even though I already have “Sync Library” enabled in the settings app and still nothing!!

I erased the app and after it being reinstalled only one playlist appeared but still won’t update when adding songs or creating new playlists.

This is driving me crazy and I’d pretty much appreciate your help.

Thank you!!

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 10:49 AM

I think I have found a solution for this, at least in my case. Out of the 20+ playlists I have in iTunes about 8 would not sync/upload to Apple Music on any of my devices. Apple Support kept escalating the issue but could not figure out why and had "never seen this" before. Randomly playing around with the playlists out of frustration I found in each playlist one single song that had the double cloud symbol with a strikethrough stating "duplicate match already found in the cloud not synced" (or close to that verbiage. I searched my library and found I already had that song and was not sure where this duplicate came from but as soon as I deleted the one not synced, the playlist instantly appeared on every device. This worked in every playlist I was missing. I have no idea how a song was duplicated and not synced and Apple did not know why that would block a whole playlist from syncing to Apple Music but it worked for me. Hopefully that helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 10:49 AM in response to BetoG3

I think I have found a solution for this, at least in my case. Out of the 20+ playlists I have in iTunes about 8 would not sync/upload to Apple Music on any of my devices. Apple Support kept escalating the issue but could not figure out why and had "never seen this" before. Randomly playing around with the playlists out of frustration I found in each playlist one single song that had the double cloud symbol with a strikethrough stating "duplicate match already found in the cloud not synced" (or close to that verbiage. I searched my library and found I already had that song and was not sure where this duplicate came from but as soon as I deleted the one not synced, the playlist instantly appeared on every device. This worked in every playlist I was missing. I have no idea how a song was duplicated and not synced and Apple did not know why that would block a whole playlist from syncing to Apple Music but it worked for me. Hopefully that helps.

Jun 14, 2020 11:12 AM in response to BetoG3

I'm having nearly the same issue. I subscribe to Apple music but only about 1/4 of the playlists I have created in iTunes are showing up on my iPhone, HomePod and AppleTV. I have forced "sync library" in iTunes multiple times, signed out of my account and back in on all devices, restarted them and still I am missing over half of my playlists through Apple Music.

Apple Music does NOT sync between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.