Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music won't sync across devices.

I have multiple devices with me, but changes won't affect to my other devices when I add/delete songs from my Apple Music library on one device.

In setting, I have enabled music Sync Library for all my devices, I need to manually turn off and on every time to get up-to-date Apple Music Library.

All devices are signed in same Apple ID with Apple Music subscription. It's working fine at first, changes to music library will be automatically updating to other devices as soon as I added a song on one device.

Please advise. Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 1, 2020 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 2:52 PM

pang212,

Thanks for clarifying that you're deleting from the library and adding songs, and it still doesn't update across your devices. You mentioned that you've toggled Sync Music off and back on, have you actually logged out of your Apple ID in both iTunes & App Store on iOS devices, the Music app or iTunes on any computers as well?

These could be determining factors.

If you haven't yet, try this:

1. Log out of your Apple ID in iTunes & App Store on all devices. (It will remove any content you've made available offline in Apple Music.)
  2. Restart all devices.
  3. Log back into one device and make sure that your Apple Music library loads.
  4. Log back into all other devices.

Test to see if it syncs across devices this way. If possible, it's best to sync using Wi-Fi. If you're using more than two devices, try to determine if there is a disconnect with just one. For example, if you have an iPhone, iPad, and a Mac - does it sync from the iPhone to the iPad, but not to the Mac?

Hopefully this helps!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 2:52 PM in response to pang212

pang212,

Thanks for clarifying that you're deleting from the library and adding songs, and it still doesn't update across your devices. You mentioned that you've toggled Sync Music off and back on, have you actually logged out of your Apple ID in both iTunes & App Store on iOS devices, the Music app or iTunes on any computers as well?

These could be determining factors.

If you haven't yet, try this:

1. Log out of your Apple ID in iTunes & App Store on all devices. (It will remove any content you've made available offline in Apple Music.)
  2. Restart all devices.
  3. Log back into one device and make sure that your Apple Music library loads.
  4. Log back into all other devices.

Test to see if it syncs across devices this way. If possible, it's best to sync using Wi-Fi. If you're using more than two devices, try to determine if there is a disconnect with just one. For example, if you have an iPhone, iPad, and a Mac - does it sync from the iPhone to the iPad, but not to the Mac?

Hopefully this helps!

May 1, 2020 5:47 PM in response to pang212

pang212,

Thank you for reaching out at Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly, your Apple Music changes aren’t syncing across all your devices, and you have to turn Sync Library off and back on to get it to sync. 

If I have this correct, I can see why you’re looking for a resolution. 

When you select “Remove” on your iOS device to delete a song, are you choosing “Remove Download” or “Delete from Library”? Removing the download will only remove it from your local device. Deleting from your library should remove it everywhere. 

Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device - Apple Support

Cheers.

Apple Music won't sync across devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.