Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD storage

My iCloud storage on my iPad is 200GB, of which I am using 15.9GB. However, my iPad is no longer functioning properly as it’s usage is 15.9GB of 16GB. I have deleted everything I possibly can....pics, apps, etc. How can I get more storage on my iPad? Can I buy it? Download it? The iCloud storage is useless if I can’t download any books, pictures, etc etc on my iPad. Thanks for advising.

iPad Air, iOS 11

Posted on May 1, 2020 7:07 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2020 7:21 AM in response to Storageques1

The iPad storage is fixed during manufacture. It cannot be changed or upgraded short of entirely replacing the device with a model with a different storage capacity.

By contrast, your iCloud storage can be increased from the “free” 5GB (this usually being adequate to support basic iCloud functionality) to higher storage “tiers” by way of subscription. Unlike the built-in storage of your iPad, your subscribed iCloud storage can be increased or decreased as your needs change.

You may wish to review the reported storage of your iPad - as this may provide some clues as to how your local storage is being used by your iPad. With the benefit of additional information, it may be possible to provide appropriate advice.

If you can post a screenshot of the appropriate settings page here, it will help to inform the response.

Settings > General > iPad Storage

It will look something like this:

May 1, 2020 7:49 AM in response to Storageques1

Your 200GB iCloud storage is “Cloud” storage. iCloud and storage available on your device are entirely separate.

The cheaper entry-level 16GB models, with very limited storage, are not intended to store much material “on” the device. These are instead designed to be used more as an “on-line” device where data can be stored in iCloud.

If you can provide the requested screenshot, lets see what we can do to help alleviate any problems you may have with you limited local-storage.

IPAD storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.