Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie trimming issues

My iMovie had been working fine, but as of late when I try to trim a picture it will jump very quickly from about 1 second to 18 seconds to then several minutes, all within just a millimeter of space. When I open the clip trimmer it either will do the same thing or not let me make any changes at all. I have several clips inserted that are the same length as the song I have them paired with, just like I have several times before. I've turned off my computer a couple times. There are no updates showing for iMovie.

Posted on May 1, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 9:21 PM

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the trimming feature works properly.

— Rich

3 replies

May 1, 2020 4:53 PM in response to Rich839

I guess that's what I was trying to say about having the clips all filled out...that each clip and the song are pretty expanded out to about an inch or two each clip (~50 clips total). I had also tried doing that and I guess it's about as far as it will go. So yeah, each clip is about an inch or two big, however, one millimeter could mean minutes worth of change, even though each clip is only 3 or 4 seconds to start with, if that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply, too

iMovie trimming issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.