Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A small dent in the back panel of my iPad Air 3. Replacement possible?

I bought an iPad Air 3 with Apple's free laser engraving and AppleCare+ in November 2019. A few days ago, I noticed a relatively small but deep dent in the back panel of my device near the logo. Quite honestly my device is kept with the utmost care and protection and I always keep it at the table where I use it so there's no possibility that I might have dropped it or manhandled it in any way to cause the dent. Also, since I got it, I have been extra careful and I haven't consciously or unconsciously mishandled it ever. In any case, I was wondering if a repair/replacement is possible since it's still under the one year replacement warranty. There was no other damage, hardware or software wise in the device. I think the dent would be classified as cosmetic damage. Also, I am a college student in South Korea and I purchased my iPad there. I am back home in India right now however. Can the one year warranty still be used given I am not in the country where I bought it? Also, since my iPad is engraved, if I get a replacement, will it be engraved too?

Thank you!

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 2, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 9:39 AM

Still at a cost. However, You will have to bring the device back to Korea since that is where you purchased the iPad and got your AppleCare +. It is not valid in India. Besides, I'm not sure how they will handle an engraved device. The replacement you get will probably not be engraved. So, if that is important to you, I would just get by with it.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 9:39 AM in response to khushi420

Still at a cost. However, You will have to bring the device back to Korea since that is where you purchased the iPad and got your AppleCare +. It is not valid in India. Besides, I'm not sure how they will handle an engraved device. The replacement you get will probably not be engraved. So, if that is important to you, I would just get by with it.

May 2, 2020 10:40 AM in response to khushi420

AppleCare+ is an extended paid warranty.

Did you pay for this extended AppleCare+ warranty at time of purchase or within 60 days of purchase?

As everyone has been telling you, the 1-year, free, limited coverage AppleCare ( NO plus sign ) does NOT cover any accidental or incidental damages by the user.

The limited, one-year AppleCare coverage ONLY covers external and internal manufacturing defects.

That dent does not appear to be any sort of manufacturing defect and since you are just discovering this now, you will have a hard time proving to Apple that this dent was not user damage, at this late date of discovery.

Sorry.

May 2, 2020 9:38 AM in response to Jamesd49

I can't find any email to contact support. I have scheduled a phone appointment for when the weekend ends and my city will open the lock down on Monday so I am planning on visiting the authorized store. I am not sure what I should do first though? Visit the store for an appointment at the Genius Bar in person first or contact my country's phone support first?

A small dent in the back panel of my iPad Air 3. Replacement possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.