Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Storage

I’m not able to delete any photos or videos from my photos/albums is there a reason why? I’m trying to delete them all to free up storage space

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 2, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 9:52 AM

Did you ever or are still using iTunes to sync your Photos? If YES then you will need to connect back to iTunes (or Finder if you are using Catalina on a Mac) and then resync photos after removing the ones that you previously wanted to delete.

Please review this article by Apple ➔ Sync photos and videos from your iPhone to a computer.

NOTE the above ONLY applies if you used iTunes on a Mac or a Windows PC (or Finder if you are using Catalina on a Mac) to sync your photos in the past.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 9:52 AM in response to Bhampton12

Did you ever or are still using iTunes to sync your Photos? If YES then you will need to connect back to iTunes (or Finder if you are using Catalina on a Mac) and then resync photos after removing the ones that you previously wanted to delete.

Please review this article by Apple ➔ Sync photos and videos from your iPhone to a computer.

NOTE the above ONLY applies if you used iTunes on a Mac or a Windows PC (or Finder if you are using Catalina on a Mac) to sync your photos in the past.

Axel F.

iPhone Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.