Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air continues to disconnect from my XR hotspot and then can't find it again.

Using hotspot on my XR Iphone, MacBook Air continually disconnects from it and then can't find the hotspot again unless I reset the network on my phone.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 2, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 6:40 PM

You may have to try and use Continuity settings to reaffirm the ability of your iDevice and Mac

to see and hand-off features. To restart one, is usually not enough. Several that do not seem to

be useful (among 12 some sections) should be checked anyway. ~ Surprisingly these can help.

• Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

• Instant Hotspot

• Handoff

• Universal Clipboard

• iPhone Cellular Calls

• Text Message Forwarding

• Auto Unlock

• Continuity Camera

• Continuity Sketch

• Continuity Markup

• Sidecar

• AirDrop

• Apple Pay

Even 'AirDrop' may work better once most of these are checked again and re-established.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 6:40 PM in response to sally119

You may have to try and use Continuity settings to reaffirm the ability of your iDevice and Mac

to see and hand-off features. To restart one, is usually not enough. Several that do not seem to

be useful (among 12 some sections) should be checked anyway. ~ Surprisingly these can help.

• Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

• Instant Hotspot

• Handoff

• Universal Clipboard

• iPhone Cellular Calls

• Text Message Forwarding

• Auto Unlock

• Continuity Camera

• Continuity Sketch

• Continuity Markup

• Sidecar

• AirDrop

• Apple Pay

Even 'AirDrop' may work better once most of these are checked again and re-established.

MacBook Air continues to disconnect from my XR hotspot and then can't find it again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.