Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Take a backup of Notes locally

I use iCloud to backup my notes. All my devices are synced.

How do I take a copy of all the notes? I'd like to keep a backup on my computer.

Posted on May 2, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 3:26 AM

Thanks.

I found that it is possible to move notes en masse to a Notes folder in an external mail address. From there, the notes appear as a bunch of emails. Then one could make a backup of sorts. I do not know what kind of material will not be preserved. Perhaps marked up document. But regular pdf and jpg files seem to migrate fine.

To me, this is more convenient than exporting to pdf from iCloud one note at a time.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 3:26 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks.

I found that it is possible to move notes en masse to a Notes folder in an external mail address. From there, the notes appear as a bunch of emails. Then one could make a backup of sorts. I do not know what kind of material will not be preserved. Perhaps marked up document. But regular pdf and jpg files seem to migrate fine.

To me, this is more convenient than exporting to pdf from iCloud one note at a time.

Take a backup of Notes locally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.