Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Shared Albums in Photo

I have numerous shared albums that I no longer want and I need to open up space. How do I remove these albums from Photo and my photo library.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 3, 2020 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 4:37 AM

Did you create the shared albums yourself?

• Then select the shared album in the sidebar, ctrl-click the shared album, then click "Delete Shared album".

If you did not create the shared album but subscribed to it, unsubscribe from this shared album.

• Select the shared album in the sidebar, ctrl-click the shared album, then click "Unsubscribe"

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 4:37 AM in response to Redfox60

Did you create the shared albums yourself?

• Then select the shared album in the sidebar, ctrl-click the shared album, then click "Delete Shared album".

If you did not create the shared album but subscribed to it, unsubscribe from this shared album.

• Select the shared album in the sidebar, ctrl-click the shared album, then click "Unsubscribe"

May 4, 2020 7:03 AM in response to wrighton1989

Nope it's not a shared album, it's in the same category as deleted and hidden.

The folders or Albums in the Library section (Hidden, Recently Deleted , Memories, Places, ...) cannot be deleted by the users. For some of these you can delete the items inside individually. You can delete individual people from the People album, you can delete each of the automatically created memories. This will not free much storage, however, because the automatically created albums are just referencing the photos and videos, that are already stored in the library. They do not contain duplicates of the photos and videos.

Delete Shared Albums in Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.