Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fail to install Catalina OS on macbook pro (2019)

I've tried to install MacOs Catalina. It failed to install with this message "Some APFS cryptographic state information was unexpectedly unavailable. : (-69461). Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again'. I've tried again but I still have the same issue. Are you able to advise the actionI need to take to install MacOS Catalina?

I got the failure in both scenarios:

• trying to update the mac os Mojave Preinstalled on my mac
  • trying a clean install (using a usb bootable drive and formatting the internal ssd)

pls can someone help me???

Posted on May 3, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 12:08 PM

Mino77 wrote:

• I've tried to install MacOs Catalina. It failed to install with this message "Some APFS cryptographic state information was unexpectedly unavailable. : (-69461). Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again'. I've tried again but I still have the same issue. Are you able to advise the actionI need to take to install MacOS Catalina?

trying to update the mac os Mojave Preinstalled on my mac
• trying a clean install (using a usb bootable drive and formatting the internal ssd)

You rotate an image using the command R

Verify your Mojave is formatted as GUID/apfs

Select your Macintosh HD and Command i open the information pane

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 12:08 PM in response to Mino77

Mino77 wrote:

• I've tried to install MacOs Catalina. It failed to install with this message "Some APFS cryptographic state information was unexpectedly unavailable. : (-69461). Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again'. I've tried again but I still have the same issue. Are you able to advise the actionI need to take to install MacOS Catalina?

trying to update the mac os Mojave Preinstalled on my mac

You rotate an image using the command R

Verify your Mojave is formatted as GUID/apfs

Select your Macintosh HD and Command i open the information pane

Fail to install Catalina OS on macbook pro (2019)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.