Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Video playback stops

I've seen this problem listed but no solution. I'm trying to create movies with an alpha channel for part of a presentation. I'm exporting the files from FCP as ProRes4444, and the transparency works fine, it just that the playback in Keynote stops after about 2 seconds, also when I manually start the movie playback. I don't believe its related to start on click, or start after transition, the behavior is the same in all cases, also when its the only element on a slide with no transition to next slide. Other videos in the presentation play fine, and compressed (without alpha channel) version of this video plays fine. But the version that I need stops....

Any hints would be much appreciated. I suspect its related to the file size of the ProRes4444 movies, but I'm not sure what the work around is.

all the best,

Korey

Posted on May 3, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 4:31 PM

Apple Prores 4444 requires a lot of processing by the CPU and the larger the pixel resolution and the longer the duration of the files the heavier the load will be on the CPU.

As you appear to be overloading the system, a better workflow would be to export the non video content on the slide as either video or TIFF images and import those into Final Cut Pro.

then edit the video clips with the exported content in Final Cut Pro, then export a single H264 video file to import into Keynote.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 4:31 PM in response to Korey Ireland

Apple Prores 4444 requires a lot of processing by the CPU and the larger the pixel resolution and the longer the duration of the files the heavier the load will be on the CPU.

As you appear to be overloading the system, a better workflow would be to export the non video content on the slide as either video or TIFF images and import those into Final Cut Pro.

then edit the video clips with the exported content in Final Cut Pro, then export a single H264 video file to import into Keynote.

Keynote Video playback stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.