📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

Battery life is a combination of many factors, such as how much you use your device and which apps you use. Learn what to do if you think your battery is draining too quickly >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirrored!?

Hi! I was taking a photo of the sun through my bedroom window and the window was mirrored on my lens. I have a new iPhone SE and this phenomen has never occured before on my other iPhones in the same situation.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 8:51 AM

Hello Blackwalkingman, 

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your message that you're unable to see a full screen photo for your contact. 

What you're seeing is called a lens flare. This effect occurs when you have a bright light source entering directly through the lens. This can occur with all types of cameras, even the D-SLR cameras that are used by professional photographers. By changing the angle at which you take the photo, and not having the light source directly in the area of focus, you'll notice the lens flare minimize, or not occur. This article will provide you with more information: If you see a flare, haze, or spot near the edge of your photo or video

All the best!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Blackwalkingman

Hello Blackwalkingman, 

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your message that you're unable to see a full screen photo for your contact. 

What you're seeing is called a lens flare. This effect occurs when you have a bright light source entering directly through the lens. This can occur with all types of cameras, even the D-SLR cameras that are used by professional photographers. By changing the angle at which you take the photo, and not having the light source directly in the area of focus, you'll notice the lens flare minimize, or not occur. This article will provide you with more information: If you see a flare, haze, or spot near the edge of your photo or video

All the best!

Mirrored!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.