Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two clips on timeline - I want to shift one, but they both move. ???

I have two clips of film of the same thing from two different angles. I need to move the one on the bottom to the right. Any time I try to move it, the top clip moves with it. I tried the Cntrl-Opt-P thing, and it shifted both clips up out of the time line. I tried the "hold down the tilde" thing, which let me move the bottom clip independently of the top clip, but the minute I let go, it went back to its original position.

This is the layout: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IFsVfQE8ThvhjgQEUBOQn2rdG9lpGJws

Please don't talk to me about making a multi-camera sync from the browser (?) window; I have tried that over and over using this tutorial with these two clips, and it spits out one clip rather than two at the end and I give up on trying to make that tutorial work for me.

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on May 3, 2020 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 2:15 PM

After the position tool is active you still have to hold the tilde key. They position tool lets you move the lower clip in the magnetic timeline. The tilde key detaches the connected clip.

Similar questions

8 replies

Two clips on timeline - I want to shift one, but they both move. ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.