Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve instant messages or text messages accidentally deleted from my iPhone

How can I retrieve accidentally deleted instant messages or text messages on my iPhone

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2020 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 4:57 PM

There are 2 scenarios:

1. If you have iCloud Sync of messages enabled (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - Messages ON you cannot recover deleted messages
  2. If you do NOT have iCloud Sync on and you have a computer or iCloud backup of your phone that contains the messages you can restore that backup to the phone. That will overwrite everything on the phone, however, not just the messages.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 4:57 PM in response to CommunitiesPhoneanswers

There are 2 scenarios:

1. If you have iCloud Sync of messages enabled (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - Messages ON you cannot recover deleted messages
  2. If you do NOT have iCloud Sync on and you have a computer or iCloud backup of your phone that contains the messages you can restore that backup to the phone. That will overwrite everything on the phone, however, not just the messages.

How can I retrieve instant messages or text messages accidentally deleted from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.