Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to check update for ipad 10.3.3

I can't update ios 10.3.3 to ios 11 and higher version in my ipad (generation 1)

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on May 4, 2020 2:38 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2020 2:57 AM in response to srigouri

Update support for your iPad4 formally ended September 2017. The final IOS releases for this model were iOS 10.3.3 (WiFi Only models) and iOS 10.3.4 (WiFi & cellular). Your iPad4 cannot be updated to any later major version of iOS as it lacks the minimum hardware requirements needed to run more recent versions.

Many App Developers have also dropped support for older devices and iOS versions preceding iOS11/12 (with some even dropping support for any version prior to iOS/iPadOS 13.x) - and have withdrawn older versions of their Apps from the Apple App Store. The increasing scarcity of Apps compatible with old versions of iOS is making ongoing utility and usefulness of older devices increasingly limited.

If Apps that you need to use now have higher minimum iOS-version requirements, your only option is to replace your iPad with newer model. Even the basic current iPad model supports current iPadOS 13.x - and has hardware specifications that will vastly outperform your old iPad4.

I hope this information is helpful - if only in clearly stating your current options.

unable to check update for ipad 10.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.