Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I update my ipad 2 to iso 10.0?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 4, 2020 5:42 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2020 9:59 AM in response to boblinus

Unfortunately, no.

Your very old iPad2 can, theoretically, be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular models). Your iPad2 cannot be updated to any later major version of iOS as it lacks the minimum hardware requirements needed to run more recent versions.

You may wish to consider that compatible Apps for your iPad are increasingly difficult to find - as third-party developers are increasingly dropping support for older versions of iOS preceding iOS12. As older versions of Apps are removed from the Apple App Store, you’ll not be able to (re)download or install them. As such, if you want or need to access most current Apps, you’ll need to consider replacement of your iPad with a newer or current model.

Even the most basic current iPad7 will massively outperform you current iPad - and is compatible with the vast majority of current Apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.