Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had to reset my Apple ID password on iPhone and iPad but now mu PC/Outlook won

Does anyone know how to change my Apple ID password in MS Outlook so that my PC/Outlook will sync with my iPhone & iPad? My Apple ID Password inexplicably needed to be "reset" today....

Posted on May 4, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 11:13 AM

You will have to generate new app specific password for Outlook.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

"Any time you change or reset your primary Apple ID password, all your app-specific passwords are revoked automatically to protect the security of your account. You'll need to generate new app-specific passwords for any apps that you want to continue using."

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 11:13 AM in response to lanefromaspen

You will have to generate new app specific password for Outlook.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

"Any time you change or reset your primary Apple ID password, all your app-specific passwords are revoked automatically to protect the security of your account. You'll need to generate new app-specific passwords for any apps that you want to continue using."

Good luck!

I had to reset my Apple ID password on iPhone and iPad but now mu PC/Outlook won

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.