Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music family sharing help; do you lose your information

Can I get regain access to my apple music library after leaving a family sharing subscription and then purchasing my own apple music subscription?

Do you lose the music that you added while being apart of the family sharing membership?

Once you leave the subscription, and purchase your own apple music subscription, will the songs you previously be added become visible again?

Posted on May 4, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 9:30 AM

Hello, lauragoes.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand you have some concerns about your music library when changing subscriptions for Apple Music. I'd like to help. Changing subscriptions shouldn't affect your current saved music library, this is tied to your Apple ID. Check out this article: Apple Music & Privacy

"We associate your Sync Library information with you for as long as you remain subscribed and for a short time after. We retain records of the songs you play for the periods specified by applicable laws relating to financial reporting".

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 9:30 AM in response to lauragoes

Hello, lauragoes.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand you have some concerns about your music library when changing subscriptions for Apple Music. I'd like to help. Changing subscriptions shouldn't affect your current saved music library, this is tied to your Apple ID. Check out this article: Apple Music & Privacy

"We associate your Sync Library information with you for as long as you remain subscribed and for a short time after. We retain records of the songs you play for the periods specified by applicable laws relating to financial reporting".

Best regards.

apple music family sharing help; do you lose your information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.