Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Rebooted and now it's stuck in a loop

Last week I woke up to my phone constantly rebooting over and over . The phone turns on, the Apple logo comes up, after a sec or two the phone shuts off and the process starts all over again. The last thing that I remember was placing the phone down and the battery level set at 43%. I never scheduled overnight updates, i rather do this from my laptop.

I would like to save retrieve the data on the phone but at this point dont care.

I have tried everything; from starting the phone in Recovery Mode, DFU mode, Restoring as new and paying for 3rd party software. Nothing works as the phone shuts down when the process to restore starts. has anyone seen this before? is there any hope to restore the phone?

iPhone X

Posted on May 4, 2020 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 5:08 PM

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support ⬅︎ try this again and if still the same put it in Recovery Mode...

⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Try Recovery Mode...⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎Full instructions in link...⬆︎⬆︎⬆︎short instructions ⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎

Connect your device to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

It may take a few tries to get into Recovery Mode but when you do then the phone will be recognized...

If still the same Click "Contact Support" top right corner of this page for help from Apple...

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 5:08 PM in response to Grey_Grey

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support ⬅︎ try this again and if still the same put it in Recovery Mode...

⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Try Recovery Mode...⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎Full instructions in link...⬆︎⬆︎⬆︎short instructions ⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎

Connect your device to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

It may take a few tries to get into Recovery Mode but when you do then the phone will be recognized...

If still the same Click "Contact Support" top right corner of this page for help from Apple...

iPhone X Rebooted and now it's stuck in a loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.