Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to make my iPad rotate

How do I get my screen o the iPad to rotate

Posted on May 4, 2020 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 3:31 AM

Some third-party Apps do not support screen rotation - and will have a fixed screen orientation.

Otherwise, if your iPad display appears fixed for all Apps, as suggested by Bryan, you may have the Rotation Lock enabled. For recent models of iPad, the Rotation Lock can be disabled from the Control Centre (swipe downwards from the extreme top-right corner of the screen).

However, If you have a much older model of iPad that has a side-switch, the switch might be configured in Settings to lock the iPad screen rotation. In this instance, to disable the rotation lock, flip the physical switch.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 3:31 AM in response to Egypt-2018

Some third-party Apps do not support screen rotation - and will have a fixed screen orientation.

Otherwise, if your iPad display appears fixed for all Apps, as suggested by Bryan, you may have the Rotation Lock enabled. For recent models of iPad, the Rotation Lock can be disabled from the Control Centre (swipe downwards from the extreme top-right corner of the screen).

However, If you have a much older model of iPad that has a side-switch, the switch might be configured in Settings to lock the iPad screen rotation. In this instance, to disable the rotation lock, flip the physical switch.

I need to make my iPad rotate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.