Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage says I have photos and videos and documents when I have none.

Hello.

I am hoping to get some help about my iCloud storage issue.

My iCloud storage says I have 483.35MB of photos and videos (under Settings). But I have no photos or videos in my iCloud storage; or in my Photos app. I have seen YouTube clips and previous discussions about setting the date back to about 2 years and deleting "phantom" photos from iPhone. But I don't have an iPhone; I just have a MacBook Air - so I couldn't try that to see if that would work. I don't have any shared photos; no photos in the "Recently deleted" folders. When I open my Photos app, it just says "Welcome to Photos" (because I have no photos in there).

Same with the documents as well - iCloud says I have 53.8 MB of documents; when I have no documents stored anywhere in the cloud storage. I have never used Pages, Numbers of Keynote apps.

I have nothing in iCloud drive - it says "Your iCloud drive is empty" when I click on the app.

I know it isn't a lot of storage space but it has been annoying me for some time now that the storage space is apparently being used when I have no photos, videos or documents stored in iCloud.

Can anyone help me with this storage issue? I just want to find a reason why my iCloud storage says I have photos, videos and documents - and I want to get rid of them and to have my storage cleared up.

Thank you very much.

Jae

Posted on May 5, 2020 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 4:55 PM

Hello Jae!

Thanks for reaching out here in Apple Support Communities. If I understand you’ve noticed that photos seem to be taking up space in iCloud, even though you do not have any photos stored in iCloud. Is that correct? 

If so, do you know if you have iCloud Photos enabled, when checking System Preferences on the Mac?

Set up and use iCloud Photos

Also, have you checked the iCloud website using your browser to see if the correct storage amounts are reflected there? Sign into iCloud

You can double check iCloud using your browser and see if there is any data to be managed after signing in. 

Manage your iCloud storage

Cheers! 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 4:55 PM in response to jae-hyun

Hello Jae!

Thanks for reaching out here in Apple Support Communities. If I understand you’ve noticed that photos seem to be taking up space in iCloud, even though you do not have any photos stored in iCloud. Is that correct? 

If so, do you know if you have iCloud Photos enabled, when checking System Preferences on the Mac?

Set up and use iCloud Photos

Also, have you checked the iCloud website using your browser to see if the correct storage amounts are reflected there? Sign into iCloud

You can double check iCloud using your browser and see if there is any data to be managed after signing in. 

Manage your iCloud storage

Cheers! 

iCloud storage says I have photos and videos and documents when I have none.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.