Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone did not locate my iPhone

Phone was turned on. I had used FmiP before successfully. This time, though I did find the phone by old fashioned means, the phone did not show up on my laptop when I signed into iCloud and FMiP. Could this be because after a system upgrade one needs to re-initiate Find my iPhone on the device. If so, there should be a warning.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 5, 2020 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 9:15 AM

No there is no need to re-initiate FMP after updating the IOS.

Don't know what you mean didn't show up on your laptop.

Read here If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

2 replies

May 7, 2020 6:19 AM in response to razmee209

What I mean is that, although my phone was turned on and the FMiP app was active on it, iCloud did not locate it, although iCloud did show the location of my iPad. When I went back to the place I had left the phone, it was on. The next time I opened iCloud and the FMiP app, the phone appeared on the screen.

I wonder if this problem has anything to do with the messages from Apple I get (more often than it seems necessary) to sign in on all my devices. If I had not signed in to iCloud recently would that put the phone off limits?

Find my iPhone did not locate my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.