Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iphone 11 with ios 13.4.1. What settings do I change so that photos are emailed as attachments, rather than embedded into the body of the email? All pre-2020 community replies do not work for me. Thank you.

I have an iphone 11 with ios 13.4.1. What settings do I change so that photos are emailed as attachments, rather than embedded into the body of the email? All pre-2020 community replies do not work for me. Thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 5, 2020 9:30 AM

6 replies

May 5, 2020 9:39 AM in response to BeeHound

Try to share the images using the "share" option in "Photos" App itself. That way you can mail them as attachments.

If you are "insert" option in "Mail" app directly, they will embed in the body of the mail.

May 5, 2020 9:44 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I am the sender. I take a photo from iphone 11. I use email from the iphone to send/email the photo to a third party. It appears "embedded" into the body of the email, rather than as an attachment to the email. My iphone used to create the email with the photo as an attachment, but now it doesn't.

The photo or photos appearing "embedded" within the body text of the email are not user-friendly for the recipient of my emails. They have to manually save each photo separately on their end (their Mac or PC or their own iphone photos library), in order to thereafter use the photo as an attachment to an email. When you have embedded photos within an email, it's a hassle since it takes up so much room within the body of the email that you're scrolling forever through the email to find the end of the photos string and read any explanatory text.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.