Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you type in a password on Apple Watch 4?

My Apple Watch keeps asking for my Apple ID password. There is no place to type in the password on the watch and when I tap on the keyboard it takes me to my iPhone and gives me a place to type in, but the password starts showing all the password letters and numbers instead of dots. I don't understand what I am supposed to do.

Thanks for answering this question.

Silverfox

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on May 5, 2020 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 7:54 AM

Hello MISilverfox,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your watch keeps asking for you to type in your Apple ID password but there is no where on the watch to type it and when you tap on keyboard it takes you to your phone and gives you a place to type it in but it starts showing all password letters and numbers instead of dots. I am happy to help!

Have you restarted your watch since this started happening?

How to restart your Apple Watch

Have you tried unpairing the watch and repairing?

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Let me know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 7:54 AM in response to MISilverfox

Hello MISilverfox,

I understand that your watch keeps asking for you to type in your Apple ID password but there is no where on the watch to type it and when you tap on keyboard it takes you to your phone and gives you a place to type it in but it starts showing all password letters and numbers instead of dots. I am happy to help!

Take care!

May 6, 2020 4:53 PM in response to Leanne_68

Thank you so much for your response. It is always so isolating when you have a problem and don't know where to go to get it solved. Apple Website has just about everything you need to help you, but I have found that it is getting harder and harder for a "not geek" like me to find the correct place for the answer you need. The people like you who take the time to respond are truly angels come give of your time to help.

The watch has been doing this for days and I finally did get it to work just before I saw your email. The solution was a combination of information in your links and information from other searches. I have been researching for two days. My recollection is that it was very important to have the watch close to my iPhone, and also to get to the correct settings. The settings on the iPhone are not necessarily the same as the settings on the watch and it took me a while to get it right. I'm sorry if this is cryptic. I know it is. But thank you for your assistance.

May 6, 2020 7:54 AM in response to MISilverfox

Hello MISilverfox,

Take care!

How do you type in a password on Apple Watch 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.