Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR making high-pitches beeping sound instead of haptic vibrations. It also does it for notifications.

I’ve looked online and can’t find anything about it.

Posted on May 5, 2020 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 7:54 AM

Hello Crazy_Legs103.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you hear a high pitch sound instead of the haptic vibration and alert assigned to notifications. I’m happy to help.

Please restart your iPhone using the steps here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support Once the iPhone has fully restarted, do you still hear the high pitch sound? If so, please follow the steps here to turn off Haptics in the section titled “Turn haptic feedback off or on” here: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support Do you still hear the high pitch sound for notifications?

Please use the steps here to ensure that you’re using the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let me know the results.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 7:54 AM in response to Crazy_Legs103

Hello Crazy_Legs103.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you hear a high pitch sound instead of the haptic vibration and alert assigned to notifications. I’m happy to help.

Please restart your iPhone using the steps here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support Once the iPhone has fully restarted, do you still hear the high pitch sound? If so, please follow the steps here to turn off Haptics in the section titled “Turn haptic feedback off or on” here: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support Do you still hear the high pitch sound for notifications?

Please use the steps here to ensure that you’re using the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let me know the results.

Take care.

iPhone XR making high-pitches beeping sound instead of haptic vibrations. It also does it for notifications.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.