Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures in Attachments in text messages

I just got an iPhone 11 pro max. I restored it from an iCloud backup and everything came back BUT the messages and attachments in my conversations are not showing when you tap on the INFO icon on the top right corner of the screen. The only ones I can see are the stuff send AFTER the backup.

However, if I scroll up in the actual conversations, they are there from before the restore too.

Messages have always been back up on iCloud.

Having them on the Info tab is super convenient. Anyone dealing with this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 5, 2020 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 6:14 PM

Yeah, I would say that is enough. Usually that will come back. Have you turned the iPhone off since your restored? You can try just turning it off and back on again. Another thing to try if that doesn't help is to force closed the Messages app. See this for instructions, How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 6:14 PM in response to bhavinp925

Yeah, I would say that is enough. Usually that will come back. Have you turned the iPhone off since your restored? You can try just turning it off and back on again. Another thing to try if that doesn't help is to force closed the Messages app. See this for instructions, How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Pictures in Attachments in text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.