Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Mojave from App Store downloaded installer

I'm trying to upgrade my wife's late 2013 iMac 27" from High Sierra to Mojave. I did the same upgrade on my MacBook Air, which is slightly older than my wife's iMac, a couple of months ago and it went without a hitch. I have downloaded the Mojave installer from the App store, and deleted it, a number of times over the last day or two. It downloads and opens without any error messages. I can accept terms and conditions, select my hard drive and enter an admin password, but then it just hangs, and I'm left with the revolving beach ball. I can't quit the installer, so until I've force-started the computer. I've run disk first aid, reset VRAM and SMC, and tried quitting all opens apps before running the installer. My wife's iMac has plenty of RAM and free disk space. Apple chat support recommends creating a bootable Mojave install USB stick – but I'm not really convinced it would do the trick. I'm tearing my hair out, surely there's an easier way? Any advice would be most welcome.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:31 AM

Try running the installer while in Safe Mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

May 6, 2020 2:45 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks for your reply. I've thought about running the installer in Safe Mode, but wanted to be certain that it wouldn't lead to further problems. I'm a little worried that during my online research, more people haven't shared it as a solution to the problem – and that Apple support chat didn't suggest it either. That said, I'm prepared to reconsider it as an option.

Can't install Mojave from App Store downloaded installer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.