Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What’s up with the letter “n” and my iPhone 7?

Why does the letter “n” keep joining my words while texting? For example, “l saw Fred” may show onscreen as “InsawnFred”🥴.

No words are near the letter “n” on the keyboard for a possible typo, so what’s up with this over-friendly “n” in my texts?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:45 AM

Check

1. Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement > delete text replacement if it's not ok?
  2. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary
  3. Restart iPhone: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

5 replies

May 24, 2020 8:24 PM in response to stedman1

That’s not it, my friend. I tend to type mostly with only my left thumb, so any miss of the space bar would be a hit on the letters “c” or “v”.

As for yourself, why would “m” be your own headache when “b” or “n” is the space bar area for your right thumb?

Therefore, there must be a peculiar sensitivity with certain characters on cellphones in response to heat as a thumb passes over it without touching.

Similarly, my text messages sometimes get sent in mid-sentence without me touching the screen. Go figure🥴.

What’s up with the letter “n” and my iPhone 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.