Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Apply Trade-In to New Purchase?

I want to trade in my old MacBook Pro and upgrade to a new one. But the trade-in options only seem to result in a gift card. I'd like to order the new computer now and am wondering if there's a way to have the trade-in amount refunded to my purchase afterward. Or can the gift card be put toward a purchase that's already been made?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 6, 2020 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 8:22 AM

pwillems52 wrote:

I want to trade in my old MacBook Pro and upgrade to a new one. But the trade-in options only seem to result in a gift card. I'd like to order the new computer now and am wondering if there's a way to have the trade-in amount refunded to my purchase afterward. Or can the gift card be put toward a purchase that's already been made?

Not if the purchase was already made—that is a done deal. You half 14 days to return a purchase for any reason for a full refund.

Apple Trade In - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 8:22 AM in response to pwillems52

pwillems52 wrote:

Not if the purchase was already made—that is a done deal. You half 14 days to return a purchase for any reason for a full refund.

Apple Trade In - Apple

May 6, 2020 8:22 AM in response to pwillems52

pwillems52 wrote:

I haven't made the purchase yet. I'm wondering if or how I can apply a trade-in to it.

Yes.

customer support Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

they can help you easily order on-line, and answer questions, take a gift card etc

Keep in mind stock items ship next day express in the USA from local warehouse.

BTO (built to order) come directly from China and there may be some associated delays.

How to Apply Trade-In to New Purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.