Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aerial Screensavers Missing

All the Aerial Screensavers have disappeared of my Apple TV 4K, with the exception of the 4 that came installed.

They were all there yesterday, and today when we switched it on again, there were only the original 4 screensavers.

The device was not reset, only put to sleep overnight.

Any ideas of what happened?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 5:16 AM

Storage is not the problem. We have a 64GB Apple TV, with no TV or Movies downloaded, and only the apps that came installed. So I don't think they were deleted. And if so, why would all except 4 be deleted.

The secondary issue is that now the Aerials need to be downloaded again, which means data get used to download them again, and as only 1 a day can be downloaded, it's going to take a few weeks to have them all reinstalled.

Why can't Apple allow us more control over the Aerials, i.e. allow the customer to download the Aerials they prefer and more than one a day.

My Apple TV is used for educational purposed so we stream everything we need to it for teaching, but other than that it cycles though the Aerials as an interesting feature for the kids to watch.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 5:16 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Storage is not the problem. We have a 64GB Apple TV, with no TV or Movies downloaded, and only the apps that came installed. So I don't think they were deleted. And if so, why would all except 4 be deleted.

The secondary issue is that now the Aerials need to be downloaded again, which means data get used to download them again, and as only 1 a day can be downloaded, it's going to take a few weeks to have them all reinstalled.

Why can't Apple allow us more control over the Aerials, i.e. allow the customer to download the Aerials they prefer and more than one a day.

My Apple TV is used for educational purposed so we stream everything we need to it for teaching, but other than that it cycles though the Aerials as an interesting feature for the kids to watch.

May 13, 2020 8:55 PM in response to iSharon555

Had the exact same thing happen to me the other day after a tvOS update. For the SECOND time. I had all the screen savers downloaded ... over 85+ in all ... and then one day all but 5-6 just disappeared. Now it’ll be nearly 3 months before they all download again because Apple doesn’t see fit to give us the option to download them manually so we have to wait for the device to get around to it. Very frustrating!

May 6, 2020 8:09 AM in response to iSharon555

The Apple TV will download new screen saver clips at interval periods as indicated in Settings﹥General﹥Screen Saver﹥Download New Video﹥, when the type is set to Aerial.

This scheme will renew clips from the many clips available, in a randomized way. The number of Aerials that can be downloaded depends on how much storage is available on your Apple TV. When storage is low, some cached clips will be removed, in favor of the Apple TV’s primary task (movies, tv shows, apps).

I’m not convinced that there ever were pre-installed Aerials at all. But coincidence might bring back the first four.

Aerial screen savers on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Aerial Screensavers Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.