Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture

When I try to launch Image Capture I get the following message -

You can’t open the application “Image Capture” because it is being updated.

But I have nothing waiting to be updated, i've updated everything and quit the computer and relaunched but still I get this message.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 11:07 AM

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 11:07 AM in response to sarahlbowen

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Image Capture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.