Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Prioritization

I have multiple devices Bluetooth devices connected to my iPhone. I recently obtained hearing aids that are connected through my iPhone meaning they can stream my phone calls and music through the hearing device to provide a better hearing opportunity for me. I have also synced my phone with my vehicle, via UConnect. To get better music quality, I often plug my phone into the vehicle, and on some occasions listen to music through the Bluetooth software through the car. After getting my hearing aids, there are times throughout my travels that my phone will randomly sync to my hearing aids instead of just staying in the car. This becomes an issue since we are required to be hands free, hence the Bluetooth application. Is there a way to prioritize Bluetooth devices on an iPhone? Is there a way to prioritize Bluetooth audio devices in the order in which I want them to play, like if I am listening to music on my phone through my vehicle, that it stay there and not switch to my hearing aids? Any help or ideas you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 3:16 PM

Go to Settings>Accessibility>Hearing Devices>Audio Routing>Call Audio>Always Hearing Devices, Media Audio>Never Hearing Devices. That will keep the media in the car, and the calls in your ears.

Similar questions

5 replies

May 6, 2020 3:04 PM in response to MDJ2930

Are these MFi Hearing Aids? If so, while they are connected to Bluetooth, it is not the standard Bluetooth that your car is connected to. You would need to look at the setting for handling phone calls with your hearing aids. That is in Accessibility in the hearing aid section. You can set it to where all phone calls go through the hearing aids. If, however, they are standard hearing aids, and connect to Bluetooth in the standard way, you would need to check either with your audiologist or the hearing aid company to see about their settings.

May 6, 2020 3:08 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

They are connected through accessibility portion of my iPhone as hearing devices. However because they can stream my phone calls and my music, when I listen to music in my vehicle, it appears the phone steps in and automatically switches to the hearing aids instead of using the the dock connector (plugged into my vehicle via lightning cable). What I want to know is there a way to keep it playing in my vehicle without it pushing to the hearing aids?

Bluetooth Prioritization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.