Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

artwork

I am running iTunes ver 12.10.6.2 on a Windows 10 laptop. I cannot get one particular album to display Artwork despite following all and any "solutions" given across the internet. The album is Genesis Abacab and it was added to iTunes using ION EZ Vinyl Tape Converter. I know how to add Artwork using Album Info and Get Artwork as I have done this many times successfully. However, nothing seems to solve the problem of displaying the artwork for this one album. I have used EZ many times before to add my LP's to iTunes and successfully displayed the Artwork.

Has anyone encountered this type of problem and found a solution? Any help would be appreciated.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 7, 2020 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 5:30 AM

Check the following:

1. the size of the artwork. If it's too large, iTunes may not display it and it won't go onto any portable device. I typically use pictures of between 300x300 pixels and 600x600 pixels
  2. to see if you have write permission to the song's file. To do this:
    1. In iTunes right-click on the song and from the pop-up menu that appears, choose Show in Windows Explorer
    2. in Windows explorer, right-click the file and choose Properties
    3. the file's attributes must not be marked as Read Only. If it is, turn that off

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 5:30 AM in response to Robbsworth

Check the following:

1. the size of the artwork. If it's too large, iTunes may not display it and it won't go onto any portable device. I typically use pictures of between 300x300 pixels and 600x600 pixels
  2. to see if you have write permission to the song's file. To do this:
    1. In iTunes right-click on the song and from the pop-up menu that appears, choose Show in Windows Explorer
    2. in Windows explorer, right-click the file and choose Properties
    3. the file's attributes must not be marked as Read Only. If it is, turn that off

May 12, 2020 7:05 AM in response to the fiend

Hi Fiend. You provided the solution - thanks. I looked at the file formats of the imported songs and noted they were .WAV files. Following conversion to MP3 the Artwork imported fine. ION EZ is not the greatest media as there is no pause option to allow for turning the album over when recording. It also recognises any sound gaps as changes in track - not helpful when you come to rename the import to the correct track names! And there is no option to change the recording format. iTunes is set to import to MP3 but has decided not to play ball!! These things are sent to try us!!

Thanks again for all your help.

May 12, 2020 5:11 AM in response to Robbsworth

A few thoughts, that might help. (No guarantees, unfortunately.)

• Perhaps the ION EZ Vinyl Tape Converter has corrupted the file somehow. If that's the case, simply re-importing the same file probably won't fix the issue
    • do you have access to an mp3 editor (such as Audacity)? If so, perhaps opening the file in that editor and creating a new (replacement) file from the audio might solve the problem. Audacity has a bit of a learning curve, so if you 're not already familiar with it, it may not be worth your while trying it
    • can you use ION EZ to record the music again, from scratch?
  • I'm not sure how artwork can be saved into the file by iTunes if the file is read-only. The only possible explanation I can think of is if the audio file is a wav file. WAV files cannot contain artwork, so what iTunes does is remember that the particular wav file has a specific piece of artwork associated with it. In that situation, the file is not being changed. What is also means is that if the file is added to a different Library, the artwork will not be present.

Sorry I can't provide a suitable remedy.

May 12, 2020 3:29 AM in response to the fiend

Hi "Fiend" - sorry for not replying sooner. I tried resizing, no effect. I tried resetting the "read only" status, no effect. Other imports have flagged as read-only but allowed me to add the artwork. I looks like it is a problem related to this particular import. I'm gonna delete it from iTunes and re-import. If that doesn''t work I'm giving up and accepting that there will be no artwork displaying with that particular album. Thanks for the advice.

artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.