Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Music Match?

Can I share my Music Match Library with my wife's iPhone?

I have a family sharing paln for storage.

I would like my wife to be able to use my Music Match on her iPhone to access my Music Match Library. My understanding is that she would have to log in to iTunes using my Apple ID. But if she does that then her purchases would not be available any longer and any other unique attributes of her itunes account would be lost?

Please let me know if there is a way to share my Music Match Library with a family member without altering her setup on her iPhone?

Thanks,

Henry

Posted on May 7, 2020 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 5:09 AM

Apple Music should give you all of the benefits of iTunes Match (including uploading your unique content) plus the ability to add in other content from the iTunes Store. However users sharing an Apple Music Family Plan still get independent libraries and you cannot share uploaded content from one account to another, so that won't be a solution. I really want to share a common library through the cloud then you need to use a single Apple ID. If your wife only needs selected content from your library that can be updated periodically over USB then you could sync media to her device from your iTunes library.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 5:09 AM in response to Henry Cline1

Apple Music should give you all of the benefits of iTunes Match (including uploading your unique content) plus the ability to add in other content from the iTunes Store. However users sharing an Apple Music Family Plan still get independent libraries and you cannot share uploaded content from one account to another, so that won't be a solution. I really want to share a common library through the cloud then you need to use a single Apple ID. If your wife only needs selected content from your library that can be updated periodically over USB then you could sync media to her device from your iTunes library.

tt2

May 7, 2020 6:55 PM in response to Henry Cline1

Hey Henry Cline1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It sounds like the end goal here if for your wife to be able to enjoy all of the music in your iTunes library. I definitely understand wanting to be able to share that with her, and I'm happy to help.

One option to consider if Family Sharing, with an Apple Music Membership. With an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalog, and you'll be able to share with your wife as well.

You can see more about Family Sharing with Apple Music below.

iCloud - Family Sharing

Family Sharing

Get an Apple Music family subscription

Thanks again, and have a great day!

May 8, 2020 1:53 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks,

I have a family sharing plan, but not Apple Music because I use Music Match instead. Thousands of my tracks are not available on Apple Music, so music Match works best for my situation.

My understanding is that the only way for my wife to access my Music Match library is to sign in using on her iPhoine using my iTunes credentials, which would upset other aspects of hger workflow in the phone. I am really trying to verify that that is the only way for her to use my Music Match Library?

Sharing Music Match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.