Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I edit iMessages

If I have several weeks of iMessages, how can I choose only certain ones and either forward them or print them?

Is the process different from an iPhone and a MacBook or an iMac?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 7, 2020 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 3:33 PM

For the phone, you can make screenshots of the thread and paste them in a Word doc, or get smth like iMazing that allows exporting messages in PDF.

For Mac, open the thread in question, select the text you want to export and just transfer it to a text doc with Cmd + C/Cmd + V.

5 replies

May 7, 2020 7:41 PM in response to bobfromnorth battleford

Good afternoon bobfromnorth battleford,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you have several weeks worth of iMessages that you would like to forward or print. The process is the same whether on an iPhone or a Mac, but it may be a bit easier on the larger computer screen.

If you are trying to gather specific messages into one place, you can select, copy and paste the text from the message into a document using the Pages app or the Notes app, for example.

You can also take screenshots of the conversations that you want to archive.

On a Mac, if you want to save an entire conversation, you can open Messages, select the person, and then from the Menu bar choose File > Print. Click the down arrow beside PDF and choose Save as PDF. Then you can print all or some of the pages that result.

The resource below will explain how to archive messages on your iPhone or Mac:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - see the section titled "Find attachments from a conversation"

View a text conversation in Messages on Mac - Messages User Guide

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Save or delete text conversations in Messages on Mac

Take care.

May 10, 2020 1:10 PM in response to bobfromnorth battleford

Hi bobfromnorth battleford,

For the copy and paste option, you would have to work with one message at a time, press and drag over the text to select it, then copy the text and paste into a Pages or Notes document. I personally find it easier to take a few screen shots, crop them in Photos, and paste them into a document.

Take a screenshot on your iPhone

Take care.

May 8, 2020 6:20 AM in response to CarlAVII

Your second paragraph describes what I wish to do. Select, copy and paste.

I need instructions for that.

On the iPhone, I can hold onto a conversation bubble and get a window offering options "Copy" and "More". If I select "More", I then get circles to the left of the bubble allowing me to select specific bubbles.

All good. But then when I am done, the only option I have is to send those messages to another person - not copy or print..

Not sure if that's the same on a MacBook or iMac?? I do know I don't get the circles.

Thanks

How can I edit iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.