Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need a refund on a subscription

I need a refund for a subscription

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on May 7, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 10:11 AM

Fisrtly you should cancel the subscription please see See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Strictly speaking all purchases are final (after all, you can't very well return them): please see this page for information on requesting a refund: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support - note that just deleting an app doesn't cancel the subscription.

However Apple have been known to be sympathetic in cases of actual error, so it's possible that they may allow you a refund as a one-off concession: but please be aware that they are under no obligation to do so: go to https://reportaproblem.apple.com/?s=6

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 10:11 AM in response to Mken05

Fisrtly you should cancel the subscription please see See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Strictly speaking all purchases are final (after all, you can't very well return them): please see this page for information on requesting a refund: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support - note that just deleting an app doesn't cancel the subscription.

However Apple have been known to be sympathetic in cases of actual error, so it's possible that they may allow you a refund as a one-off concession: but please be aware that they are under no obligation to do so: go to https://reportaproblem.apple.com/?s=6

Jun 2, 2020 11:52 PM in response to Oluwani_sol

The subscription starts automatically after the end of a trial period: you have to cancel it yourself prior to that. If Apple have decided not to give you a refund that is their decision, and I'm afraid there's not really anything you can do about it. You could try contact Support again and try to escalate it to a higher decision level, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

In the meantime make sure to cancel th subscription to prevent further charges.

I need a refund on a subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.