Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone11promax blocks all calls

My 11promax blocks ALL calls and texts that are not in my contacts. I've checked settings about blocked calls and turned off silence unknown calls but nothing works. Very annoying because sometimes I need a verification code or someone from an office will call me and I miss all calls!

Posted on May 7, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 12:47 PM

Go to Settings/Phone. If Silence Unknown Callers is off, turn it on and off again. Then make sure Dial Assist is turned ON.

Now go to settings/Do not Disturb and make sure it is OFF, and that Scheduled is OFF also.

2 replies

May 9, 2020 9:35 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Ok so after several internet searches and being on the phone with Apple for nearly 2 hours, having me reset settings, turning in and off stuff, updating, taking out the SIM card etc. etc. I found the setting to fix it MYSELF!! It's been an annoying feature for months- blocking ALL calls and texts that aren't in my contacts and I miss calls and verifications constantly. I had turned off silent unknown callers etc. but nothing worked!! Finally yesterday I went into screen time settings and there it was - allow contact with everyone!! So now it's fixed and I'm disappointed that Apple didn't know this after so much wasted time!! That should've been one setting to check! I'm posting this in case anyone runs into this problem you will know where to look because it's not an obvious setting to go into. I'm so relieved!!! It was sooo annoying!!

Iphone11promax blocks all calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.