Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Safari becoming obselete?

My bank will not use Safari . When I open from my desktop it tells me that Safari cannot find the server. Any suggestions on what to do?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 7, 2020 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 6:24 PM

What data are you concerned about? This is just cached history and occasionally site settings. Presumably your useful web addresses are saved elsewhere as bookmarks?

If you don’t want to go that route, all I was suggesting is that the web address for the bank might be outdated. Financial institutions are known for doing that when the layout of their websites changes. Find out the current address, start using it, and it will be “remembered” in addition to the old one.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 6:24 PM in response to tina204

What data are you concerned about? This is just cached history and occasionally site settings. Presumably your useful web addresses are saved elsewhere as bookmarks?

If you don’t want to go that route, all I was suggesting is that the web address for the bank might be outdated. Financial institutions are known for doing that when the layout of their websites changes. Find out the current address, start using it, and it will be “remembered” in addition to the old one.

Is Safari becoming obselete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.