Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previous purchased music gone from library, have to re-purchase?

Hi,

I am well familiar with how to recover music through purchased music option in the music app, however music that I have actually in fact purchased is no longer showing up in that as well, has there been some sort of licensing issue with iTunes resulting in content that has been paid for being blocked permanently from devices?

Specifically I am missing several songs that I have previously paid for From the artist ZZ Top. When I navigate back to the albums on the iTunes Store that I have paid for, they show up is something I am required to pay for again.

from the artist ZZ Top. When I navigate back to the albums on the iTunes Store that I have paid for, they show up is something I am required to pay for again.

Any Ideas?

Posted on May 7, 2020 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 7:06 PM

Fox,

The ability to re-download past purchases only applies if the song/album is still available in the iTunes Store. The album in your screenshot does not appear to be currently available.

If you previously downloaded it to your computer, look for it on the hard drive (including Trash/Recycling) and in your backup, and if found restore it to your l ibrary.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 7:06 PM in response to The Fox in a Box

Fox,

The ability to re-download past purchases only applies if the song/album is still available in the iTunes Store. The album in your screenshot does not appear to be currently available.

If you previously downloaded it to your computer, look for it on the hard drive (including Trash/Recycling) and in your backup, and if found restore it to your l ibrary.

May 7, 2020 9:21 PM in response to ed2345

Hi, Thanks :)

unfortunately to save space on my iPhone, I removed it and others to add again later. I never removed from my history or cloud. I contacted support and they stated that the song and album was no longer available and it had on my account become “hidden.” They were able to make it visible again for download this time...

This is the reason I am not a fan of digital content of this manner, as it can be revoked with a simple update. If that was the case. We don’t own, only right to use if given.

But thanks :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.