Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can one mark images in a Photos slideshow?

Sometimes, when I'm watching a slideshow, I want to mark a photo because it needs editing, or it has a wrong keyword, or needs a new title so it shows up later or earlier. Is there any way to mark images this?

The current situation is bad. If you stop the slideshow, you return to the beginning, not the image you were viewing. The inability to show titles in slideshows worsens the problem.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 7, 2020 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 11:54 AM

If you select the photo inn the slide tray at the bottom you can add a keyword to it via the Info Pane or Keyword pane. Or you can add them to favorites by using the "." key.

This is with Photos V5.0

5 replies

May 8, 2020 3:25 AM in response to iTBotB

While you are stepping the images in a slideshow manually in the filmstrip, using the arrow keys, you can keep the Info open and double-click the thumbnail in the file strip to open the image in Edit mode. Closing the Editor will bring you back to the slideshow.

You can add additional title slides by clicking the "+" at the end of the film strip. But all this is not possible, while the slideshow is running.

I don't bother with the predefined, saved slideshows. I am usually creating an album and play the album as a slideshow using this script. Script: A Slideshow With Titles and Locations And Dates in Photos The script will show some information about the photos (date, title, location) in the notification center, while the slideshow is running.

May 8, 2020 6:43 PM in response to Old Toad

I'm using v2 or v3 (Sierra or High Sierra – I have 2012 and 2009 Mac Pros.) These versions don't show keywords to the tiny slide tray photos. I have to type command-I to bring up the Info window and change keywords. I mostly need to mark photos for editing. It seems that creating a "Need editing" keyword is the best workaround

Can one mark images in a Photos slideshow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.