You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vibration on Home button iPhone SE 2020

Hello, how can i cancel vibration while pressing home button? To switch off "System Haptic" in Sound Settings does not help. Thanks, ET

Posted on May 8, 2020 3:51 AM

14 replies

Jul 29, 2020 1:29 PM in response to SE_ET

However millions spent on R&D and the buffoons at Apple came up with an annoying “click sensation.” Thanks but no thanks for the haptics. Cool made up word though. Booooo. Wish we weren’t slaves to the iPhone but after owning one for 12 years, not about to learn something new. Guess they got us where they want us.

May 8, 2020 4:46 AM in response to SE_ET

I don't think it is a vibration, it is click feeling, however when do get the vibration? When you press it or when you place your finger on it. Do you feel this when your iPhone is on your hand or on solid surface like table?

The Home button on your iPhone can detect the presence and pressure of your finger. You can choose between three speeds to provide different levels of feedback when you press.

Choose a Speed option

To change the click feedback when you press the Home button, go to Settings > Accessibility > Home Button and select Default, Slow, Slowest.

Sep 10, 2020 6:10 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

To the contrary! My brand new, just-out-of-the-box iPhone SE 2020 has absolutely no haptic feedback when I touch the home "button". During phone setup, I was asked to try three different haptic feedback options. There was absolutely no difference among them because they were all completely inert. There simply was no feedback from any of them. I am extremely sensitive to vibration (too much so, actually), so I'm fairly sure it isn't my nervous system that's at fault here. Before reading the comments here, I would have liked to get the haptic feedback turned on so that I could see what it felt like. After reading people's feedback, however, I think I may be better off without it. Perhaps I'm a dinosaur, but I really liked the mechanical depression and slight click that accompanied depression of the home button on the good old iPhone SE (dinosaur version)!

Vibration on Home button iPhone SE 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.