Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Music Mix not updating in Apple Music

The New Music Mix used to update every Friday, but it didn't update for last 2 weeks. I can see the card itself moving to the left on days when it should've been updated, but the contents of the "New Music Mix" are the same, and the title right now says that it was "updated 2 weeks ago".

It malfunctions the same on all of my devices. It is not device-specific problem.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on May 8, 2020 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 5:05 AM

I have the same issue and I've had the issue many times before. The usual solution they provide is signing out and in on all devices using the same apple id. I'm fed up with this terrible music service and advice you to move over to something that works as it should, Spotify for instance. It's easy to transfer your songs using the free app SongShift. Spotify provides you with two new playlists per week, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. Their algorithms work MUCH better. Apple music is totally lost with its suggestions and does not improve even though you select suggest less like this. I have all my songs on both services and Spotify does a much better job at finding new and relevant songs in the weekly playlists.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 5:05 AM in response to Bogdan0x400

I have the same issue and I've had the issue many times before. The usual solution they provide is signing out and in on all devices using the same apple id. I'm fed up with this terrible music service and advice you to move over to something that works as it should, Spotify for instance. It's easy to transfer your songs using the free app SongShift. Spotify provides you with two new playlists per week, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. Their algorithms work MUCH better. Apple music is totally lost with its suggestions and does not improve even though you select suggest less like this. I have all my songs on both services and Spotify does a much better job at finding new and relevant songs in the weekly playlists.

May 8, 2020 5:20 AM in response to Bogdan0x400

Yes you have boxed yourself into a corner. Try the logout/login method or nag their support. There's not much the support staff can do when their services don't work as intended. It tends to become a dragged out case where they escalate it to a senior that can't resolve it, and they ask you to capture logs which may looked over by some first-line engineer, and in the end they want you to wait for the next version of the OS to come out and hope it resolves the issue.

New Music Mix not updating in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.