Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want my iCloud photos on my new iPad

I don't want my iCloud photos on my new iPad. I share an iPad, and I have iCloud to store my iphone photos but I do NOT want my cloud photos showing up on the shared iPad even when I'm logged in.

My iPad already synced my iCloud photos and I don't know how to take them off. Even when I logout of Apple ID on the iPad they are still showing in the photos app even when other people log into the iPad with their Apple ID. Why???

Posted on May 8, 2020 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 6:31 AM

I have turned off the optimized option both on my phone and the iPad. And turn off iCloud photos on the iPad . I have tried being logged out of iCloud on my iPad, and even logged out of my Apple ID to check. But all of my photos, every photo that is on my phone, is also on my iPad even when it's logged out of Apple ID and all iCloud options. None of the photos were taken on the iPad so I don't know why they would be stored on the iPad. And I'm afraid to try deleting them off the iPad because I don't know if it will delete them in the iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 6:31 AM in response to apfelkopf

I have turned off the optimized option both on my phone and the iPad. And turn off iCloud photos on the iPad . I have tried being logged out of iCloud on my iPad, and even logged out of my Apple ID to check. But all of my photos, every photo that is on my phone, is also on my iPad even when it's logged out of Apple ID and all iCloud options. None of the photos were taken on the iPad so I don't know why they would be stored on the iPad. And I'm afraid to try deleting them off the iPad because I don't know if it will delete them in the iCloud.

May 8, 2020 5:36 AM in response to joyanne30

When you were logged in with your Apple ID, did you turn iCloud photos off? It should have said something like that the pictures will be removed which they should if you turn off iCloud photos. Also, when you had iCloud photos turned on, were you using the 'optimize storage' option? If not then the photos you see are actually physically stored on the iPad.

I don't want my iCloud photos on my new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.