Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram Front Facing Camera Lag

I just got the iPhone 11 and I am noticing that when I take a front facing video in Instagram stories the video is laggy, skips frames, Blues motion, sometimes the audio is even out of sync with the video. This doesn’t seem to be happening in the regular camera app, or Facebook stories, or anywhere else. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix?

i’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app, I have restarted my phone, I’ve switched my recording frames per second in settings, my iOS is up to date, I’ve googled for hours and I cannot figure this out. I’m frustrated as my primary goal in upgrading my phone was to get the 12 MP front facing camera for Instagram content.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 8, 2020 3:46 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 9, 2020 4:16 PM in response to dmwillms

Hello dmwillms,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when using Instagram the front facing camera records laggy videos that skip frames and the audio is out of sync. Because this is only happening with Instagram, the following article has steps which may help:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Best Regards.

May 13, 2020 7:01 AM in response to dmwillms

dmwillms , 

In a situation like this you could try backing up your iPhone and reinstalling the software. The following article has the steps on how to backup your iPhone: 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

By using the steps as listed under the heading "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" from the following article you can reinstall the software on your iPhone: 

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards.

Instagram Front Facing Camera Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.